Vegan Cream of Chicken Substitute
Got a recipe that calls for a can of cream of chicken soup?
No worries; I’ve got you covered!
This recipe is quick, easy, and yields the equivalent of one can of soup.
Ingredients for Vegan Cream of Chicken Substitute:
- vegan butter
- all-purpose flour
- unsweetened almond milk
- vegan chicken broth – I like Better Than Bouillon’s No-Chicken Base
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
How to make Vegan Cream of Chicken Substitute:
Another ‘cream of’ soup recipe to keep on hand:
Vegan Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup -Yields the equivalent of one 10.75-ounce can of condensed cream of mushroom soup and it’s ready to go in about 10 minutes! So easy and flavorful; you’ll never settle for the canned stuff again.
- 3 TBSP vegan butter
- 1 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 c vegan chicken broth Better Than Bouillon's No-Chicken Base works great
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- To a small saucepan over medium heat, add the butter.
- When butter is melted, add flour; whisk until smooth.
- Add milk, broth, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and continue whisking until thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Use anywhere a recipe calls for a can of cream of chicken soup.