Roasted Sweet Potato Hash ~
Cubed sweet potatoes tossed with red onion, smoked paprika, and simple seasonings then roasted in the oven for about 45 minutes.
This sheet pan recipe is super easy and perfect for brunch or breakfast-for-dinner night!
You can even save on prep time by using pre-cubed sweet potatoes. I had a 2-pound package of already-peeled and cut sweet potatoes leftover from when I bought way too many ingredients for Thanksgiving.
I went a little overboard with the food shopping this year.
Every year, actually.
Specifically with potatoes and cranberries.
It’s like my dad always said though, “Better to have too much than not enough.”
There’s some wisdom there, I think.
What to serve with Sweet Potato Hash:
Tofu and Broccoli Frittata – a savory dish that contrasts nicely with the smoky sweetness of these sweet potatoes.
Pretzel Roll Strata – a hearty dish that pairs best with a simple and sweeter side.
Feeding a crowd?
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a large group.
Ingredients for Roasted Sweet Potato Hash:
- sweet potatoes – can be skinned or not depending on personal preference
- olive oil
- red onion – yellow will also work
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- smoked paprika – regular paprika will not be the same
- garlic powder
How to make Roasted Sweet Potato Hash:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Combine potatoes and onion. Into a large mixing bowl, add sweet potatoes and red onion.
Add olive oil then toss to coat.
Add seasonings. Add sea salt, ground black pepper, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Toss again to distribute seasonings.
Onto a prepared sheet pan, spread the sweet potatoes in an even layer.
Roast 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
Roasted Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Into a large mixing bowl, add sweet potatoes and red onion.
- Add olive oil then toss to coat.
- Add sea salt, ground black pepper, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Toss again to distribute seasonings.
- Onto a prepared sheet pan, spread the sweet potatoes in an even layer.
- Roast 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.