In addition to being a quick and easy, this healthy dinner or lunch is also:
- Budget friendly
- On the table in about 30-40 minutes.
And this whole meal is easier than it looks.
It’s basically three steps: Roast the potatoes, cook the rice, and toss it all together with the beans.
Tools to help you make Roasted Sweet Potato Black Bean & Lime Rice Bowls:
- Baking Sheet – These half sheets are the perfect size.
- Medium Saucepan – Look for one like this, with a fitted glass lid, for cooking the rice.
- Large Deep Skillet – I’ve had this one for years and love it!
More tasty sweet potato recipes:
Roasted Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Lime Rice Bowls
- 2 medium size sweet potatoes about 2 cups, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil divided
- 15- ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- For the rice:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegan chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- For the potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle cubed potatoes with 1 teaspoon olive oil and toss to coat.
- Onto a baking sheet, arrange potatoes in an even layer. Roast 10-15 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork.
- For the rice:
- To a medium saucepan over medium high heat, add olive oil. When oil is hot, add rice and garlic. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, until garlic is softened and fragrant.
- Add vegan chicken broth, lime juice, and sea salt. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in lime zest. Set aside.
- Putting it all together:
- Into a large, deep skillet over medium heat, add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add roasted potatoes, black beans, and taco seasoning. Mix together to evenly distribute seasoning.
- Cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Add cooked rice and stir to blend ingredients. Continue cooking another 1-2 minutes to heat rice, if needed. Serve hot.