Green Chile Cheesy Sauce
Every vegan home cook needs a solid cheesy sauce that they can use for everything from nachos to burgers to pasta or even as a stand-alone dip.
This is that sauce.
We enjoyed it most recently over a Mexican Lasagna (recipe coming soon).
The best part is that this deliciously cheesy sauce can easily be customized to suit personal taste and heat preference.
Ingredients for Green Chile Cheesy Sauce:
- silken tofu
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- ground turmeric
- brown rice miso paste
- chipotle chili powder
- sea salt
- olive oil
- nutritional yeast
- chopped green chiles
- pickled jalapeño juice
How to make Green Chile Cheesy Sauce:
Easy Vegan Hollandaise Sauce – The classic hollandaise sauce has gone vegan and the flavor is exactly what you remember of the egg-based version. You’re going to want to drizzle this over roasted asparagus, tofu Benedict, even breakfast enchiladas and tacos.
- Only a handful of simple ingredients are needed
- Ready to go in about 15 minutes
- Knocks the socks off store bought marinara any day
5-Ingredient Vegan Tzatziki Sauce – Use as a dip for adding a Mediterrranean flair to fresh vegetables and pita bread, as a condiment to your sandwiches and wraps, and drizzled over falafel, kabobs, burgers, and even as a dressing for salads. This stuff is so versatile and seriously addictive!
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 - 12- oz. pkg. silken tofu
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. brown rice miso paste
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 3 T water
- 1 - 4- oz. can chopped green chiles undrained
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 1-2 T pickled jalapeno juice optional
- Soak cashews overnight to soften or take a shortcut and boil for about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add pickled jalapeño juice to thin sauce, if needed.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. For a little extra kick, throw in another jalapeño.