Vegan Green Chile Cheese Sauce
Every vegan home cook needs a solid cheesy sauce that they can use for everything from nachos to burgers to pasta or even as a stand-alone dip.
This is that sauce.
We enjoyed it most recently over a Mexican Lasagna (recipe coming soon).
I also recently discovered it makes a great dip to serve along with these Air-Fried Shishito Peppers.
The best part is that this deliciously cheesy sauce can easily be customized to suit personal taste and heat preference.
I’ve been known to stir in a little fresh salsa, black beans, or just a few dashes of cayenne pepper sauce. It’s all good!
Ingredients for Green Chile Cheese Sauce:
- silken tofu
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- ground turmeric
- brown rice miso paste
- chipotle chili powder
- sea salt
- olive oil
- nutritional yeast
- chopped green chiles
- pickled jalapeño juice
How to make Green Chile Cheese Sauce:
Easy Vegan Hollandaise Sauce – The classic hollandaise sauce has gone vegan and the flavor is exactly what you remember of the egg-based version. You’re going to want to drizzle this over roasted asparagus, tofu Benedict, even breakfast enchiladas and tacos.
- Only a handful of simple ingredients are needed
- Ready to go in about 15 minutes
- Knocks the socks off store bought marinara any day
5-Ingredient Vegan Tzatziki Sauce – Use as a dip for adding a Mediterrranean flair to fresh vegetables and pita bread, as a condiment to your sandwiches and wraps, and drizzled over falafel, kabobs, burgers, and even as a dressing for salads. This stuff is so versatile and seriously addictive!
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 - 12- oz. pkg. silken tofu
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. brown rice miso paste
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 3 T water
- 1 - 4- oz. can chopped green chiles undrained
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 1-2 T pickled jalapeno juice optional
- Soak cashews overnight to soften or take a shortcut and boil for about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add pickled jalapeño juice to thin sauce, if needed.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. For a little extra kick, throw in another jalapeño.