Green Chile Cheesy Sauce
Every vegan home cook needs a solid cheesy sauce that they can use for everything from nachos to burgers to pasta or even as a stand-alone dip.
This is that sauce.
We enjoyed it most recently over a Mexican Lasagna (recipe coming soon). Best part is that this deliciously cheesy sauce can easily be customized to suit personal taste and heat preference.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 - 12-oz. pkg. silken tofu
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. brown rice miso
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 3 T water
- 1 - 4-oz. can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1-2 T pickled jalapeno juice (optional)
- Soak cashews overnight to soften or take a shortcut and boil for about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add pickled jalapeño juice to thin sauce, if needed.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. For a little extra kick, throw in another jalapeño.