Whole Grain Mustard Mashed Potatoes
Creamy and buttery; just like regular potatoes but with the added kick of coarse, whole grain Dijon mustard. And what a difference that one little ingredient makes!
This savory side dish is super easy to make and is ready to go on the table in 30 minutes or less.
These potatoes pair exceptionally well with grilled vegan brats and this Glazed Corned Seitan Roast making them right at home on your Oktoberfest or St. Patrick’s Day menu.
Ingredients for Whole Grain Mustard Mashed Potatoes:
- Yukon Gold potatoes
- vegan butter
- unsweetened almond milk
- whole grain Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
How to make Whole Grain Mustard Mashed Potatoes:
Recipes that pair well with Mustard Mashed Potatoes:
Glazed Corned Seitan Roast – Homemade seitan with a sweet mustard glaze and pickling spices – perfect for vegan Reuben sandwiches or your St. Patrick’s day roast!
German Style Carrot Dogs – Carrots are pan-charred with smoky barbecue seasoning and served on toasted pretzel buns with spicy brown mustard and a mixture of sauerkraut and sweet relish – perfect for a vegan Oktoberfest!
Easy Cauliflower Steaks – A head of cauliflower and a handful of spices is all you need and dinner is ready in under 30 minutes!
Easy Roasted Okra – The beauty of this recipe is in its simplicity. Add this roasted okra to the cauliflower steaks and whole grain mustard mashed potatoes and you’ve got dinner!
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes cubed
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup whole grain Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add just enough water to cover them by 1". Set heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until potatoes are fork tender, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat and drain well.
- Return potatoes to the pot. Add butter, almond milk, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mash to desired consistency and serve hot.