Creamy and buttery; just like regular mashed potatoes but with the added kick of coarse, whole grain dijon mustard. And what a difference that one little ingredient makes! This savory side dish is super easy and ready to serve in under 30 minutes.
These potatoes pair exceptionally well with grilled vegan brats and seitan roasts making them right at home on your Oktoberfest or St. Patrick’s Day menu.
Ingredients for Whole Grain Mustard Mashed Potatoes:
- Yukon Hold potatoes
- vegan butter
- unsweetened almond milk
- whole grain mustard
- salt and pepper
How to make Whole Grain Mustard Mashed Potatoes:
Favorite recipes to pair with Mustard Mashed Potatoes:
Glazed Corned Seitan Roast – Homemade seitan with a sweet mustard glaze and pickling spices – perfect for vegan Reuben sandwiches or your St. Patrick’s day roast!
German Style Carrot Dogs -Pan-charred with smoky barbecue seasoning and served on toasted pretzel buns with spicy brown mustard and a mixture of sauerkraut and sweet relish – perfect for a vegan Oktoberfest!
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes cubed
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to cover them by 1". Set heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until potatoes are fork tender, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat and drain well.
- Return potatoes to the pot. Add butter, almond milk, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mash to desired consistency and serve hot.