Open a bottle of red and get ready to make a hearty and delicious stew! This is what we had two nights ago along with some herbed biscuits for dipping. Don’t worry about leftovers. This stew freezes really well!
2 TBSP olive oil
1lb. vegan sausage
3/4c. chopped onion
1 cup sliced celery
5 c. vegetable broth
1/2c. red wine
1 (14.5 oz.) can Italian seasoned diced tomatoes, with liquid
1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup zucchini, sliced
1 pound fresh tortellini pasta
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup chopped parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, heat approximately 2 TBSP olive oil and brown sausage.
2. Add onions and saute until tender. Add carrots, celery, vegetable broth, red wine, tomatoes, ketchup, Italian seasoning, and garlic.
3. Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a separate pan, prepare tortellini according to package directions; drain and set aside.
5. Stir in in the zucchini, tortellini, red bell pepper, and parsley.
6. Simmer, covered, for about 25-30
7. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Join My Newsletter
Signup to get all my latest recipes delivered right to your inbox every week!
Life with Kaishon
This soup looks delicious! : ) I am so glad I found you via your comment on SITS on facebook tonight. So nice to meet you. What a pretty blog.