Open a bottle of red and get ready to make a hearty and delicious stew! This is what we had two nights ago along with some herbed biscuits for dipping. Don’t worry about leftovers. This stew freezes really well!
2 TBSP olive oil
1lb. vegan sausage (Match Meats makes a really good one)
3/4c. chopped onion
1 cup sliced celery
5 c. vegetable broth
1/2c. red wine
1 (14.5 oz.) can Italian seasoned diced tomatoes, with liquid
1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup zucchini, sliced
1 pound fresh tortellini pasta
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup chopped parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, heat approximately 2 TBSP olive oil and brown sausage.
2. Add onions and saute until tender. Add carrots, celery, vegetable broth, red wine, tomatoes, ketchup, Italian seasoning, and garlic.
3. Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a separate pan, prepare tortellini according to package directions; drain and set aside.
5. Stir in in the zucchini, tortellini, red bell pepper, and parsley.