Vegan 7-Layer Party Dip
So, football season is upon us, apparently, which really only means one thing to me – game day food – and we all know you can’t go wrong with the classics, right?
Here, the ever popular layer dip gets upgraded to vegan status with seven tasty layers of savory taco-spiced refried beans, an easy homemade guacamole, vegan sour cream, crisp lettuce, fresh tomatoes, black olives, and green onions.
Set it all out with a big bowl of tortilla chips and dig in… Now it’s a party!
More tasty crowd pleasing recipes:
Vegan Stuffed Mushroom Dip – Loaded with mushrooms, garlic, cream cheese and hot Italian sausage, then topped with buttery Panko breadcrumbs, this is a big family favorite around here!
Tomato & Black Olive Bruschetta – Simple, elegant, and so versatile! Perfect for everything from a casual picnic lunch for two or when entertaining guests at home.
Caramelized Onion Dip – This recipe will have you ditching the pre-made onion dip for good!
Ingredients fot Vegan 7-Layer Dip:
- refried pinto beans
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- dried oregano
- lime juice
- vegan sour cream
- black olives
- green onions – also known as scallions
How to make Vegan 7-Layer Party Dip:
- 2 - 15- ounce cans vegan refried pinto beans
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 large avocados
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 cups vegan sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups tomatoes diced
- 2 cups black olives sliced
- ½ cup green onions sliced
- For the beans: To a medium size mixing bowl, add refried beans, chili powder, cumin, sea salt, ground black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried oregano.
- For the guacamole: To a medium mixing bowl, add avocados and mash with a fork to desired consistency. Stir in cilantro, lime juice, and sea salt.
- Into a 9” x 13” serving dish, layer refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, and green onions.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Serve chilled or room temperature.