What to serve with Vegan Teriyaki Chicken:
I like to serve this quick and easy meal over simple white rice.
Leftovers are also good cold and make tasty wraps!
Ingredients for Vegan Teriyaki Chicken:
- granulated sugar
- apple cider vinegar
- ground ginger
- ground black pepper
- unbreaded vegan chicken-style strips – For this recipe, I like Gardein Chicken Strips
How to make Vegan Teriyaki Chicken:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Into a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, water, granulated sugar, tamari, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger, and ground black pepper.
Simmer, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens.
Into a prepared 11 x 7-inch baking dish, arrange the chicken-style pieces in an even layer.
Baste generously with the prepared sauce. Turn pieces over and brush again to coat.
Bake 30 minutes.
Turn and brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking.
More Asian-inspired recipes:
Apricot Glazed Seitan Rice Bowls – Thinly sliced seitan is tossed with a simple apricot glaze then combined with fresh veggies and served over rice. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
Ginger Vegetable Noodle Stir Fry – Easy, colorful, flavorful, and loaded with good-for-you veggies.
Cold Soba Noodle Salad with Asparagus and Cucumber – A light and refreshing vegan meal you can have on the table in thirty minutes or less!
Asian Style Lettuce Wraps – Just like the lettuce wraps at a famous restaurant chain!
Vegan Chicken and Kimchi Tacos – Plant-based chicken-style strips are tossed with spicy kimchi and topped with a cool and chunky mixture of cantaloupe and lime for a tasty flavor combination.
Vegan Teriyaki Chicken
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 14 ounces unbreaded vegan chicken-style strips cut into bite-size pieces
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Into a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, water, granulated sugar, tamari, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger, and ground black pepper.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens.
- Into a prepared 8"x8" inch baking dish, arrange chicken-style pieces in an even layer.
- Brush generously with the sauce. Then turn pieces over and brush again to coat.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Turn and brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking.
- Serve hot.