Serve this tasty veganized version of a classic teriyaki chicken over a bed of rice, and with a side of sautéed green beans for a well-rounded meal. This was devoured by everyone at our house, including our super picky 2-year old!
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 1 TBSP water
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 pkg. Beyond Meat Chicken Strips cut into bite-size pieces
- Preheat oven to 425°
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine all ingredients except the chicken. Allow to simmer, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Add chicken to a prepared 8x8 baking dish and baste generously with the sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 min., or until heated through, turning and basting with extra sauce every 10 min.