Cold Soba Noodle Salad with Asparagus & Cucumber
A light and refreshing vegan meal you can have on the table in thirty minutes or less.
Look for Togarashi spice in the Asian food section or in specialty food markets. Or just make your own by mixing equal parts sweet paprika, hot paprika, dried orange peel, poppy seeds, and toasted sesame seeds.
Ingredients for Cold Soba Noodle Salad with Asparagus & Cucumber:
- fresh soba noodles
- green onions – also known as scallions
- fresh ginger
- sesame oil
- ponzu sauce
- Togarashi spice blend – on the Asian aisle
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
How to make Cold Soba Noodle Salad with Asparagus & Cucumber:
More tasty recipes for Salad Night:
Roasted Tempeh and Vegetable Linguine Bowl – Sweet and spicy, vibrant and bold, Asian-inspired flavors.
Vegan BBQ Tempeh Caesar Salad – A smoky BBQ twist on the classic Caesar salad!
- 8 oz. fresh soba noodles
- 2 green onions sliced with white and green parts divided
- 6-8 asparagus spears sliced into ribbons
- 1 medium cucumber sliced into ribbons
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 Tablespoon mirin
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup ponzu sauce
- 1 teaspoon Togarashi spice blend
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add noodles. Cook 2-3 minutes, until tender. Drain noodles and rinse with cold water.
- In a medium bowl, combine asparagus, ginger, and half the sesame oil. toss to coat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cucumber with white parts of the onions and remaining sesame oil. Toss to coat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine miring and pins sauce. Add the cooked noodles and toss to coat.
- To serve, divide noodles into two pasta bowls. Top with asparagus and cucumber mixtures, green parts of the onions, and Togarashi spice blend.