Ginger Vegetable Noodle Stir Fry
Colorful, flavorful, and loaded with good-for-you veggies, this easy noodle stir fry was an instant hit with the family.
Definitely a keeper.
The best part: This recipe is super flexible so you can toss in pretty much whatever vegetables you need to use up.
Ingredients for Ginger Vegetable Noodle Stir Fry:
- soba noodles
- shelled edamame
- olive oil
- shiitake mushrooms
- red bell pepper
- yellow onion
- green cabbage slaw mix
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- ginger-tamarin ponzu sauce – find it in the Asian cooking section
- scallions – also known as green onions
- sesame seeds
- sriracha sauce
How to make Ginger Vegetable Noodle Stir Fry:
- 1 - 6 oz. package soba noodles
- 1/3 cup shelled edamame
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms rough chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper medium diced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 - 9 oz. package green cabbage slaw mix
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup ginger-tamari ponzu sauce
- 2 scallions thin sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- sriracha sauce to taste
- To a large pot of salted water, add soba noodles and edamame. Cook according to package directions then drain and rinse with cold water; set aside.
- To a large, deep skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. When oil is hot, add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add onion, ginger paste, and red bell pepper; cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in green cabbage slaw mix and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook 3 minutes to heat through and soften peppers.
- To the skillet with vegetables, add the noodles and edamame. Toss to combine ingredients then stir in ginger-tamari ponzu sauce. Cook 3 minutes more or until noodles are heated through.
- Top with scallions, sesame seeds, and sriracha sauce. Serve warm.
Adapted from Green Chef