Vegan Chicken and Kimchi Tacos with Cantaloupe
I was recently presented with an Iron Chef – style challenge by Beyond Meat… The ingredients in the virtual basket were any Beyond Meat product, lettuce, radishes, tomatoes, cantaloupe and kimchi. My brain went immediately to tacos.
My plan was to grab all the ingredients at Whole Foods but after learning they were out of stock on kimchi, I headed to the Asian market where there was an entire section devoted to the product. I had no idea there were so many varieties! And some contain fish, so watch out for that. I ended up going with a mild version of basic kimchi. Adjust your kimchi selection in accordance with your preferred level of heat.
Vegan Chicken and Kimchi Tacos with CantaloupePrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 cantaloupe small diced
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce rough chopped
- 1/2 bunch radishes thin sliced at an angle
- 1 Roma tomato seeded and rough chopped
- 1 9- oz. pkg vegan chicken strips shredded (recommend Beyond Meat)
- 1 cup prepared kimchi
- 6 flour tortillas
- Begin with the cantaloupe:
- In a small bowl, toss cantaloupe, lime juice, and salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare the salad:
- In a medium bowl, toss the lettuce, radishes, and tomato. Set aside.
- For the filling:
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add kimchi and vegetarian chicken. Cook, stirring frequently until kimchi is caramelized and meat is heated through, 5-7 minutes.
- Add salad mixture to the pan and toss to blend.
- To Serve:
- Spoon kimchi/chicken/salad mixture into warmed tortillas. Top with cantaloupe.