Ramen Stir Fry ~
Pan-fried ramen tossed with fresh vegetables and Homemade Stir Fry Sauce is easy, flavorful, and budget-friendly!
Ready to serve in 20 minutes or less!
I like this ramen noodle stir fry recipe because it’s perfect for busy weeknights and a great way to empty the fridge of excess vegetables.
The garlic and ginger stir fry sauce takes maybe five minutes to make, which I do while the noodles are cooking, and the rest is just tossing ingredients around the pan for a few minutes.
Stir-fried ramen noodles are cheap, easy, and enjoyed by kids and adults alike.
Ingredients for Ramen Stir Fry
- 3 (3-ounce) packages ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 5 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- Coleslaw Mix: I used a packaged Asian coleslaw mix of Napa cabbage, celery, and carrots. For this recipe, any cabbage-based mix will work.
- Stir Fry Sauce: The homemade sauce I use has a largely ginger flavor. If you prefer a sweeter teriyaki flavor, my 4-Ingredient Stir Fry Sauce is a good choice.
- Scallions: Also known as green onions, scallions add subtle onion flavor and a pretty pop of color.
How to Make Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
STEP ONE: Cook ramen noodles according to package directions, discarding the seasoning packet, if included. Drain and rinse with cold water; set aside.
STEP TWO: Heat a wok or large deep skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add vegetable oil using a spatula to spread it around the pan to lightly coat.
STEP THREE: Add onion and coleslaw mix. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes until cabbage is slightly softened but still retains some crunch.
STEP FOUR: Pour in the sauce then reduce heat to low. Continue cooking for an additional 1 minute.
STEP FIVE: Add noodles, tossing to coat with sauce and distributing veggies throughout.
STEP SIX: Sprinkle with scallions and serve hot.
How to Cook Ramen Noodles
Ramen noodles are very easy to cook! The exact amount of time needed will depend on whether you’re using fresh or dried ‘instant’ ramen; the time difference is nominal either way.
Because ramen happens to be one of my kid’s favorite all-time favorite lunches, I usually have dried on hand so that’s what I reach for most days.
Whichever you choose, you’ll want to toss out any seasoning packet included and cook the noodles according to package directions just to an al dente consistency, so that they still retain a bit of a bite. Keep in mind, the noodles going to continue cooking in the stir-fry pan so you don’t want to overdo it.
Add-Ins for Ramen Stir Fry
Want to bulk up your bowl? Try one of these favorite mix-ins:
- Tofu: Cube and toss it in raw or stir in Crispy Baked Tofu just before serving.
- Tempeh: Crumble it in with the veggies.
- Vegan Meat: Pre-cook some plant-based chicken, ground beef, or shrimp and add to the pan along with the veggies.
- More Vegetables: Don’t stop with coleslaw mix: clean out the fridge! Snap peas, broccoli, mushrooms, bok choy, bean sprouts, bell peppers, asparagus… you get the idea. Whatever vegetables you add, just make sure to chop them nice and small or thin so that they will cook quickly.
More Easy Asian Recipes You’ll Love!
- Ginger Vegetable Noodle Stir Fry
- Asian Mushroom Rice
- Sriracha Ramen Soup with Bok Choy and Shiitake Mushrooms
- Asian Style Lettuce Wraps
- Vegan Teriyaki Meatballs
Follow This Wife Cooks on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest
Ramen Stir Fry
- 3 3-ounce packages ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 5 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons scallions chopped
- Cook ramen noodles according to package directions, discarding the seasoning packet, if included. Drain and rinse with cold water; set aside.
- Heat a wok or large deep skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add vegetable oil using a spatula to spread it around the pan to lightly coat.
- Add onion and coleslaw mix. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes until cabbage is slightly softened but still retains some crunch.
- Pour in the sauce then reduce heat to low. Continue cooking for an additional 1 minute.
- Add noodles, tossing to coat with sauce and distributing veggies throughout.
- Sprinkle with scallions and serve hot.
Join My Newsletter
Signup to get all my latest recipes delivered right to your inbox every week!
Such an easy and kid-approved weeknight dinner!
Love noodle stir-fries and I reckon this is the easiest one yet. So easy and delicious.
This ramen stir fry is so good. What a great idea to use a coleslaw mix! We loved this recipe and it makes a great weeknight meal!
This ramen stir fry turned out absolutely delicious! So simple to make and perfect for an easy dinner!
Such a simple meal filled with great flavor!
This ramen stir fry is absolutely incredible! Perfectly seasoned the whole family loved it!
Easy weeknight meal my