Boots and sweater weather is finally here!!
As I’m typing, the windows are open and a chilly breeze is wafting through the house. Leaves are beginning to change colors and fall to the ground. And I bought my first pumpkin this morning. 🙂
These sliders are definitely a family favorite and, for whatever reason, I always crave them during the fall. With the exception of swapping out the previously-used ground beef for a better meatless alternative, the recipe has remained unchanged for years and we love it!
For more plant-based ground beef-inspired recipes, try these:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 9- ounces vegan ground beef substitute
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a medium size skillet over medium heat. Add the beef crumbles, onion, and pepper. Cook until heated through and vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to Low and allow to simmer 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon over toasted slider buns and serve warm.