Vanilla Buttercream Frosting ~
A sweet and fluffy, easy to make, vegan buttercream frosting.
Just 4 simple ingredients!
This dairy-free vanilla buttercream frosting is a great all-purpose go-to for cakes, cupcakes, and cookies.
How much frosting does this make?
This recipe yields enough frosting to generously cover a 2-layer cake (made in standard 8-9-inch pans) or 12 cupcakes.
Ingredients for Vegan Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
You will need:
- vegan butter
- powdered sugar – aka confectioners’ sugar
- plant-based milk – I like to use oat milk or unsweetened almond
- vanilla bean paste – or vanilla extract
How to make Vegan Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
Cream the butter. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, in a large bowl, beat the butter on medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minute.
This is the point where you might want to put on an apron otherwise, powdered sugar dust will find its way onto your dark-colored shirt. Maybe that’s just me?
Add the sweetness. Add the powdered sugar and beat for about 2 more minutes, until combined. The mixture will be crumbly.
Add the liquid. Add the milk and vanilla bean paste. Continue beating until incorporated.
Yes, I know this may seem like a long time but trust the process. The longer beating time allows more air to get into the frosting thereby giving it a fluffier consistency.
More sweet treats:
Vegan Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup vegan butter softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer,in a large bowl, beat the butter on medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat for about 2 more minutes, until combined.
- Add the milk and vanilla bean paste. Continue beating until incorporated.