Braised Collard Greens ~
A savory Southern side dish made with fresh collard greens slow-simmered in a simply seasoned broth.
Easy Collard Greens Recipe
I’ve used the same recipe for collard greens for a few years now and the result is always fantastic. Even my boys who used to turn their noses up at greens now like these so much that they actually go back for seconds!
Ingredients for Braised Collard Greens
How to Make Braised Collard Greens
More Southern Vegan Recipes You’ll Love!
- Fried Green Tomatoes
- Southern Tomatoes and Rice
- Grilled BBQ Tofu
- Red Velvet Cake
Braised Collard Greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound fresh collard greens stems removed, and leaves roughly chopped
- 3 cups vegan chicken-style broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- Into a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion. Cook, stirring frequently for 3 minutes, until softened. Add garlic, and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the collard greens. Cook, stirring frequently for 3 minutes, until beginning to wilt.
- Add the broth, salt, ground black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes then serve hot.