Baked Black-Eyed Pea Dip ~
A quick and easy Southern-style dip!
Easy to make ahead and great for Game Day get-togethers!
This dip is super simple to make with only six ingredients you probably already have on hand.
The instructions for this recipe are literally to just mix everything together and bake for 20 minutes.
Serve with corn chips or fresh veggies and watch it disappear!
Can this be made ahead of time?
Yes! You can mix everything together and store it covered in the fridge 1-2 days in advance. For best results, allow the dip to come to room temperature prior to baking.
Can I use a different type of bean?
Sure, go for it! It won’t be black-eyed pea dip anymore but I think pinto beans, black beans, or even a combination along with black-eyed peas could work well with this recipe.
Ingredients for Black-Eyed Pea Dip:
- canned black-eyed peas
- vegan Cheddar cheese, grated
- pickled jalapeno peppers
- Vidalia onion
- vegan butter
- garlic powder
- ground black pepper
Note: This recipe calls for black-eyed peas that have been mashed. To save time and effort, I like to use a mini chopper for this step as well as for finely chopping the pickled jalapenos and onions.
How to make this easy Black-Eyed Pea Dip:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine ingredients. Into a medium-size mixing bowl, add the black-eyed peas, Cheddar cheese, pickled jalapenos, onion, butter, garlic powder salt, and black pepper. Stir well to combine and adjust seasoning to taste.
Bake. Spread mixture into an 8×10-inch baking dish. Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.
More crowd-pleasing appetizer recipes:
Baked Black-Eyed Pea Dip
- 3 15- ounce cans black-eyed peas drained, rinsed, and mashed to semi-chunky consistency
- 8 ounces vegan Cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeno peppers finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Vidalia onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan butter softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Into a medium-size mixing bowl, add the black-eyed peas, Cheddar cheese, pickled jalapenos, onion, butter, garlic powder salt, and black pepper. Stir well to combine and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Spread mixture into an 8x10-inch baking dish. Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve warm.
Adapted from Trisha Yearwood.