Vegan Stuffed Mushroom Dip!
I knew this dip was a hit when I set it out as part of our pre-Thanksgiving snack spread and my meat and dairy-loving son declared, “Mom, this dip is insane!”
This Stuffed Mushroom appetizer dip, loaded with mushrooms, garlic, vegan cream cheese and vegan Hot Italian sausage then topped with buttery Panko breadcrumbs was devoured by all!
I don’t know what else to tell you other than, make it, then kick back and accept the compliments.
And if you just can’t get enough mushroom deliciousness, check out these favorites:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces vegan Hot Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 pounds approximately 5 cups white mushrooms, stems removed, rough chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 1/2 tablespoons vegan butter melted and divided
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To a large skillet over medium-high heat, add vegan sausage and cook until browned and heated through.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, sea salt, and black pepper. Continue cooking 8-10 minutes, until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Meanwhile, to a small bowl, add almond milk and 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter and stir to combine.
- Add cream cheese, parmesan, and almond milk/butter mixture. Bring to a low boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour into a 1-quart ramekin dish.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, Panko beadcrumbs, and parsley. Spinkle evenly over dip mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes, until bubbling and browned around the edges. After baking, allow to stand 10 minutes before serving warm.