Angel Hair with Creamy Vegan Mushroom Sauce
This deliciousness came about after I bought a package of mushrooms and then promptly forgot what I was planning to do with them…
…it came back to me too late… stuffed mushrooms, that was it…
Anyway, this was a tasty and filling bowl of comfort food on an unseasonably cool evening.
Angel Hair with Creamy Vegan Mushroom SaucePrint Pin Rate
- 1 lb. pkg. angel hair pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 10- oz. pkgs. cremini mushrooms approx. 5 cups, stems removed, quartered
- 1/4 cup green onions thin sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup coconut creamer
- 1/4 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter on Medium High. Add the mushrooms and green onions. Saute 5-7 minutes, until softened and fragrant.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking another 1-2 minutes.
- Add white wine and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle mushroom mixture with flour and toss to coat.
- Slowly pour in the creamer, stirring the mixture gently. Reduce heat to Low and allow to simmer until thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with parsley. Season to taste and serve hot.