Vegan Chicken Salad with Curry
Chicken salad is one of those dishes I’ve always associated with summertime.
It’s such a perfect meal because you can serve it so many ways – salad, sandwich, cracker spread, stuffed in tomatoes as an appetizer – all good!
So anyway, I had a craving today and decided to whip a small batch for lunch.
This version is vegan which also makes it super convenient since there’s no cooking involved. Just chop, mix, and eat.
This was also my first time using curry in a chicken salad and I love the subtle extra layer of flavor. I actually ate this twice yesterday; the lunch leftovers made for a tasty late night snack on crackers.
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. curry powder or to taste
- 1 - 9 oz. pkg. vegan chicken strips cubed (recommend Beoynd Meat)
- 1 large stalk celery chopped
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1/4 cup red grapes quartered
- 1 TBSP pecans chopped
- Combine mayonnaise, lime juice, and curry powder in a small bowl; set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add cubed chicken, celery, green onion, grapes, and pecans. Stir to combine.
- Fold in the mayonnaise mixture. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve immediately or refrigerate for later.