Lightly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, these crowd-pleasing sausage and cheddar stuffing balls are the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas appetizer spread.
You might even want to make a double batch and freeze some to have on hand for Super Bowl Sunday. 😉
Ingredients for Vegan Sausage and Cheddar Stuffing Balls:
- vegan sausage – I use Beyond Sausage in Hot Italian.
- dry herbed stuffing mix
- vegan Cheddar cheese – Daiya works great; it seems to melt easier than other brands.
- vegan Worcestershire sauce – I use The Wizard’s brand; I’m not even sure if there are any others out there that are vegan.
How to make Vegan Sausage and Cheddar Stuffing Balls:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Into a large mixing bowl, add sausage, stuffing mix, cheese, and Worcestershire sauce.
Using your very clean hands, knead the mixture until all ingredients are well combined.
Shape sausage mixture into 1-inch balls. Arrange balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet, allowing at least an inch between each; you don’t want them touching.
Bake 25 minutes, or until sausage is fully cooked, turning halfway through.
Serve warm or room temperature.
Can I prep these in advance?
Absolutely! Cooked sausage and cheddar balls can be stored in the refrigerator. Allow to come to room temperature prior to serving.
Can I freeze them for later?
Yes! To freeze: Place uncooked sausage & cheddar balls on a baking sheet and set in the freezer. Once individual balls are frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag. When ready to serve, thaw at room temperature then bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes, or until heated through.
More favorite holiday and game day appetizers:
5-Ingredient Spinach & Artichoke Dip – This make-ahead dip is so easy and always gets completely devoured!
Vegan Stuffed Mushroom Dip – Loaded with mushrooms, garlic, cream cheese and hot Italian sausage, then topped with buttery Panko breadcrumbs, this is a big family favorite around here!
Crispy Air-Fried Buffalo Tofu – Serve with a side of vegan bleu cheese dressing for dipping!
- 1 pound vegan Hot Italian sausage
- 2 cups herbed stuffing mix
- 3 cups vegan Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Into a large mixing bowl, add sausage, stuffing mix, cheese, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Using your very clean hands, knead the mixture until all ingredients are well combined.
- Shape sausage mixture into 1-inch balls. Arrange balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet, allowing at least an inch between each; you don't want them touching.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until sausage is fully cooked, turning halfway through.
- Serve warm or room temperature.