Vegan Irish Potato Pie ~
This hearty, vegan version of the classic potato pie is easy to make and ultra-comforting.
A perfect addition to your St. Patrick’s Day dinner!
We love potatoes around here so when I started looking into traditional Irish foods to serve for St. Patrick’s Day, potato pie seemed like an obvious choice.
Traditional potato pie, however, is actually quite a meat and dairy-heavy meal so this is a new and improved, upgraded take on the classic.
I mean, it’s basically mashed potatoes in pie form; what’s not to love? 🙂
Ingredients for Vegan Irish Potato Pie
- Yukon Gold potatoes
- sea salt
- vegan butter
- egg replacer – I use VeganEgg (2 tablespoons powder whisked into 1/2 cup cold water)
- vegan Parmesan cheese
- dried oregano
- ground black pepper
- Panko breadcrumbs
How to Make Vegan Irish Potato Pie
More Vegan St. Patrick’s Day Recipes You’ll Love!
- Irish Stew
- Glazed Corned Seitan Roast
- Whole Grain Mustard Mashed Potatoes
- Vegan Irish Stout Brown Bread
- Vegan Cottage Pie
Irish Potato Pie
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes cubed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 egg equivalent – vegan egg replacer
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut potatoes into 1" cubes. Into a medium saucepan, add potatoes, salt, and garlic. Add enough water to cover potatoes at least 1". Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking until potatoes are just fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and, using a handheld masher, mash to combine but still retaining a chunky-like texture. Stir in vegan butter.
- To a small mixing bowl add egg replacer, Parmesan cheese, oregano, sea salt, black pepper, and bread crumbs. Stir to combine.
- Add egg/cheese mixture to potatoes and stir gently to coat.
- Into a prepared 9″ round pie pan, sprinkle cornmeal in an even layer across the bottom. Pour in entire potato mixture. Gently press evenly into pan and smooth the top.
- Bake 45 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Allow to stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve warm.