Vegan Irish Potato Pie ~
This hearty, vegan version of the classic potato pie is easy to make and ultra-comforting.
A perfect addition to your St. Patrick’s Day dinner!
We love potatoes around here so when I started looking into traditional Irish foods to serve for St. Patrick’s Day, potato pie seemed like an obvious choice.
Traditional potato pie, however, is actually quite a meat and dairy-heavy meal so this is a new and improved, upgraded take on the classic.
I mean, it’s basically mashed potatoes in pie form; what’s not to love? 🙂
Ingredients for Vegan Irish Potato Pie
- Yukon Gold potatoes
- sea salt
- vegan butter
- egg replacer – I use VeganEgg (2 tablespoons powder whisked into 1/2 cup cold water)
- vegan Parmesan cheese
- dried oregano
- ground black pepper
- Panko breadcrumbs
How to Make Vegan Irish Potato Pie
STEP ONE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Cut potatoes into 1″ cubes. Into a medium saucepan, add potatoes, salt, and garlic. Add enough water to cover potatoes at least 1″. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking until potatoes are just fork-tender.
STEP THREE: Drain potatoes and, using a handheld masher, mash to combine but still retain a chunky-like texture. Stir in vegan butter.
STEP FOUR: To a small mixing bowl, add egg replacer, Parmesan cheese, oregano, sea salt, black pepper, and bread crumbs. Stir to combine. Add egg/cheese mixture to potatoes and stir gently to coat.
STEP FIVE: Into a prepared 9″ round pie pan, sprinkle cornmeal in an even layer across the bottom. Pour in the entire potato mixture. Gently press evenly into the pan and smooth the top.
STEP SIX: Bake for 45 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Allow the pie to stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve warm.
More Vegan St. Patrick’s Day Recipes You’ll Love!
- Irish Stew
- Glazed Corned Seitan Roast
- Whole Grain Mustard Mashed Potatoes
- Vegan Irish Stout Brown Bread
- Vegan Cottage Pie
Follow This Wife Cooks on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest
Irish Potato Pie
This hearty, potato pie is easy to make, ultra comforting, and the perfect addition to your St. Patrick’s Day feast.Print Pin Rate
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes cubed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 egg equivalent – vegan egg replacer
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut potatoes into 1" cubes. Into a medium saucepan, add potatoes, salt, and garlic. Add enough water to cover potatoes at least 1". Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking until potatoes are just fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and, using a handheld masher, mash to combine but still retaining a chunky-like texture. Stir in vegan butter.
- To a small mixing bowl add egg replacer, Parmesan cheese, oregano, sea salt, black pepper, and bread crumbs. Stir to combine.
- Add egg/cheese mixture to potatoes and stir gently to coat.
- Into a prepared 9″ round pie pan, sprinkle cornmeal in an even layer across the bottom. Pour in entire potato mixture. Gently press evenly into pan and smooth the top.
- Bake 45 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Allow to stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve warm.
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Sodium: 854mg | Potassium: 828mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 189IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @thiswifecooks or tag #thiswifecooks!
Join My Newsletter
Signup to get all my latest recipes delivered right to your inbox every week!
What do you do with the panko?? It’s in the ingredients list but not mentioned in the recipe.
Step #4 – The bread crumbs are stirred in with the egg replacer, parmesan, and seasonings.
This recipe is so incredible!!
love this flavourful pie with potatoes. really satisfying!
What did you serve in the picture next to the pie? It looks delicious!!!!
Thanks! It’s super easy to make – sauteed cabbage with a little butter, onion, green peas, salt, and pepper.