Baked Pesto Tofu
It doesn’t get much easier than this!
Recipes like this are made for days when you just need something uncomplicated, and without compromising taste or quality.
Basil pesto is tossed with tofu that has been seasoned and roasted with simple spices for a savory dish that is practically effortless.
This easy to make tofu is perfect for:
- enjoying on its own as a high protein snack
- tossing into a salad
- serving as a main dish along with mashed potatoes or rice
- or on the side with Cauliflower Steaks
Ingredients for Baked Pesto Tofu Bites:
- super firm tofu – you could use extra firm but don’t go any softer than that. Super firm is preferred because it provides the best chewiness, or “bite”.
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- ground black pepper
- sea salt
- vegan basil pesto – the vegan pesto at Trader Joe’s is our favorite!
How to make Baked Pesto Tofu Bites:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Into a medium-size mixing bowl, add cubed tofu.
Add olive oil and toss to coat.
Add garlic powder, ground black pepper, and sea salt. Toss again to evenly distribute seasonings.
Onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, arrange tofu in an even layer. Keep the mixing bowl out; it will be used again.
Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes, gently stirring halfway through cooking time.
Remove from oven and place baked tofu in the mixing bowl.
Add pesto and gently toss to coat.
Serve warm, room temperature, or chilled.
More tasty tofu recipes:
Crispy Air-Fried Buffalo Tofu – So easy and flavorful! Perfect as an appetizer, game-day snack, or added to salads, and wraps!
Vegan Tofu Benedict Florentine – If you’re looking to seriously up your vegan brunch game or take your breakfast-for-dinner night to a whole other level, this is how it’s done.
Baked Pesto Tofu Bites
- 1 pound super firm tofu drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons vegan basil pesto
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Into a medium size mixing bowl, add cubed tofu.
- Add olive oil and toss to coat.
- Add garlic powder, ground black pepper, and sea salt. Toss again to evenly distribute seasonings.
- Onto a parchment lined baking sheet, arrange tofu in an even layer. Keep the mixing bowl out; it will be used again.
- Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes, gently stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from oven and place baked tofu in the mixing bowl.
- Add pesto and gently toss to coat.
- Serve warm, room temperature, or chilled.
Join My Newsletter
Signup to get all my latest recipes delivered right to your inbox every week!
VERY tasty. Loved the texture. And Easy!