Originally published January 30, 2014. Updated July 17, 2020
Why you will love this Vegan Spinach Risotto:
- it’s delicious
- easy to make
- one-pot meal
- simple ingredients
Ingredients for Vegan Spinach Risotto:
How to make Vegan Spinach Risotto:
Vegan Spinach Risotto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 4 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan feta cheese crumbled
- Into a medium saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add onions.
- Sauté the onions for 3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking an additional 1 minute.
- Add the rice then stir to fully coat with oil.
- Pour in the wine and stir continuously, until all the wine is absorbed by the rice, about 3 minutes.
- 1/2 cup at a time, add the vegetable broth stirring until the liquid is absorbed between each addition. Allow for 3-5 minutes between each 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
- Once all the broth is absorbed, stir in the chopped spinach.
- Reduce heat to low and continue stirring occasionally until spinach is wilted.
- Remove from heat then stir in the crumbled feta cheese.
- Serve hot.