Easy Vegan Parmesan Risotto –
A quick and easy comfort food classic.
Ready to serve in under 30 minutes!
So, how in the world are we making risotto, a dish traditionally known for being slow, so fast?
We’re using the microwave.
That’s right. You heard me.
Because sometimes you just don’t have a lot of time and the people are hungry.
Ingredients for Easy Vegan Parmesan Risotto:
- yellow onion
- vegan butter
- vegan chicken broth – Better Than Bouillon’s No-Chicken Base is a good one
- Arborio rice
- dry white wine
- vegan parmesan cheese – I like Violife
- frozen peas
How to make Easy Vegan Parmesan Risotto:
Start with the aromatics. Into a medium-size microwave-safe bowl, add onion, butter, and garlic. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes.
Heat the broth. Into a glass measuring cup or small bowl, add the broth. Cook on high just until heated but not boiling, about 2 – 2 1/2 minutes.
Add the rice and broth to the onion mixture. Cover and cook, covered, on high for 6 minutes.
Stir in white wine then replace the lid. Continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes.
Stir in parmesan cheese and peas.
Garnish. Grind black pepper over the top and serve warm.
More risotto recipes to try:
Vegan Smoked Gouda Risotto with Spinach & Mushrooms – Rich, creamy, smoky, and beautiful spinach risotto topped with herbed mushrooms and parmesan.
Risotto with Mushrooms & Kale – Earthy and hearty; all you need is a simple salad on the side and dinner is done!
Spinach Risotto – A simple and satisfying family favorite.
Easy Vegan Parmesan Risotto
A quick and easy comfort food classic!Print Pin Rate
- 1/4 cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegan chicken broth
- 1 cup Arborio rice uncooked
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup grated vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 cup peas
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Into a medium size microwave-safe bowl, add the onion, butter, and garlic. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes.
- Into a glass measuring cup or small bowl, add the broth. Cook on high just until heated but not boiling, about 2 - 2 1/2 minutes.
- Add the rice and broth to the onion mixture. Cover and cook, covered, on high for 6 minutes.
- Stir in the white wine then replace the lid. Continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and peas. Grind black pepper over the top and serve warm.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 526mg | Potassium: 185mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 915IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @thiswifecooks or tag #thiswifecooks!
Join My Newsletter
Signup to get all my latest recipes delivered right to your inbox every week!
Leave a Reply