Easy Vegan Parmesan Risotto –
A quick and easy comfort food classic.
Ready to serve in under 30 minutes!
So, how in the world are we making risotto, a dish traditionally known for being slow, so fast?
We’re using the microwave.
That’s right. You heard me.
Because sometimes you just don’t have a lot of time and the people are hungry.
Ingredients for Easy Vegan Parmesan Risotto:
- yellow onion
- vegan butter
- vegan chicken broth – Better Than Bouillon’s No-Chicken Base is a good one
- Arborio rice
- dry white wine
- vegan parmesan cheese – I like Violife
- frozen peas
How to make Easy Vegan Parmesan Risotto:
More risotto recipes to try:
Vegan Smoked Gouda Risotto with Spinach & Mushrooms – Rich, creamy, smoky, and beautiful spinach risotto topped with herbed mushrooms and parmesan.
Risotto with Mushrooms & Kale – Earthy and hearty; all you need is a simple salad on the side and dinner is done!
Spinach Risotto – A simple and satisfying family favorite.
Easy Vegan Parmesan Risotto
- 1/4 cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegan chicken broth
- 1 cup Arborio rice uncooked
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup grated vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 cup peas
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Into a medium size microwave-safe bowl, add the onion, butter, and garlic. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes.
- Into a glass measuring cup or small bowl, add the broth. Cook on high just until heated but not boiling, about 2 - 2 1/2 minutes.
- Add the rice and broth to the onion mixture. Cover and cook, covered, on high for 6 minutes.
- Stir in the white wine then replace the lid. Continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and peas. Grind black pepper over the top and serve warm.