Radish and Cucumber Salad with Vegan Dill Yogurt Dressing
Our weekly CSA box arrived yesterday and in it was an ingredient I don’t think I had ever cooked with before — radishes.
What in the world was I going to do with radishes?! I didn’t even think I liked them but, after the success of this salad yesterday, I can confidently say I do like radishes!
A quick online search yielded several versions of this salad with varied combinations of vegetables and ways to spice them up. I found a couple radish salad recipes that included things like cumin and curry, which did not sound appealing at all for what I was after. Chopped hard-boiled eggs seemed to be another popular addition but that wasn’t working for me either.
There appeared to be a common formula for radish salad success though and it was quite simple – a yogurt or mayo base, lightly spiced, and tossed with radishes.
So, after reading through pages of recipes and comments of what worked and what needed improvement, this is the combination I came up with to serve alongside our cauliflower steaks and polenta… and it was delicious!
The dill yogurt dressing is also works well with lettuce-based salads and drizzled over roasted veggies.
Ingredients for Radish & Cucumber Salad with Vegan Dill Yogurt Dressing:
1 cup radishes, with roots and leaves removed, thin sliced
1/2 English cucumber, thin sliced
2 Tablespoon green onions, chopped
1/3 cup dairy-free plain yogurt
1/4 teaspoon dried dill, or 3/4 teaspoon fresh
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
How to make Radish & Cucumber Salad with Vegan Dill Yogurt Dressing:
Add radishes, cucumber, and green onions to a medium size mixing bowl. Set aside.
Prepare the dressing:
In a small bowl, combine yogurt, dill, salt, and pepper
Toss dressing with the vegetables and serve immediately.*
*It is important to save this step for the last minute… Adding the dressing early will result in a soupier dish as the cucumbers begin releasing liquid.
More dressing recipes to try:
Radish and Cucumber Salad with Dill Yogurt Dressing
- 1 cup radishes with roots and leaves removed, thin sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber thin sliced
- 2 tablespoon green onions chopped
- 1/3 cup dairy-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill or 3/4 teaspoon fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add radishes, cucumber, and green onions to a medium size mixing bowl. Set aside.
- !Prepare the dressing:
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, dill, salt, and pepper
- Toss dressing with the vegetables and serve immediately.
- *It is important to save this step for the last minute... Adding the dressing early will result in a soupier dish as the cucumbers begin releasing liquid.