Cucumber and Radish Tea Sandwiches ~
Creamy, herbed, non-dairy Gournay cheese, spread on pumpernickel bread and layered with thinly sliced cucumbers and radishes.
These petite finger sandwiches are simple to make and completely delicious! Perfect for a baby shower, Mother’s Day brunch, or a light and easy lunch at home!
Boursin Cucumber Sandwich Recipe
If read the opening description and are now wondering, “What in the world is Gournay cheese?” then you are not alone, my friend. Most people seem to strongly associate Gournay cheese with its most popular brand name – Boursin.
For those unfamiliar with Boursin, I would describe the flavor and texture as most like that of herbed cream cheese. If you’ve had dairy-based Boursin in the past but have not yet tried non-dairy Boursin, you will be pleasantly surprised because the flavor is spot on and the texture is slightly creamier, thereby making it more spreadable and just right for recipes such as this one.
Ingredients for Cucumber and Radish Tea Sandwiches
You will need:
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread, crusts removed
- 6 ounces non-dairy Boursin cheese, softened
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
How to Make Cucumber and Radish Tea Sandwiches
STEP ONE: On a flat work surface, spread each slice of bread with Boursin.
STEP TWO: Layer radish and cucumber slices over half of the bread slices.
STEP THREE: Season to taste with salt and pepper.
STEP FOUR: Top with remaining bread slices. Cut into triangles and serve.
- These tea sandwiches are best served right away. If you need to make them a little in advance, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap to keep the bread fresh and serve the same day.
More Recipes You’ll Love!
- Dill Pickle Pinwheels
- Benedictine Sandwich Spread
- Banana Nut Bundt Cake
- Small Batch Vanilla Cupcakes
Cucumber and Radish Tea Sandwiches
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread crusts removed
- 6 ounces non-dairy Boursin cheese softened
- 2 radishes thinly sliced
- 1/3 English cucumber thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- On a flat work surface, spread each slice of bread with Boursin.
- Layer radish and cucumber slices over half of the bread slices.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with remaining bread slices. Cut into triangles and serve.