Vegan Pasta Ratatouille
This easy to make one-pot dish is absolutely bursting with robust flavors of the season – zucchini, tomatoes, garlic, eggplant, lemon, red peppers… it’s all in there… and tossing everything together with fresh pappardelle pasta puts this company-worthy meal over the top.
We’ve definitely hit on a new family favorite with this one!
Even the pickiest of eaters at the table were practically licking their bowls clean and for good reason…
Served with toasted garlic bread and a side of chatter about one of our favorite family movies – Ratatouille.
I mean, how could we not, right? It’s so good!
Ingredients for Vegan Pasta Ratatouille:
- sea salt
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- fresh pappardelle pasta
- grape tomatoes
- roasted red peppers
- Italian flat-leaf parsley
- lemon zest
How to make Vegan Pasta Ratatouille:
Trim and quarter the eggplant lengthwise then cut into 1/2″ wedges.
Place on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Allow to sit 10 minutes.
Onto a baking sheet, spread zucchini slices in an even layer.
Drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and add salt and pepper, to taste.
Roast 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.
Vegan Pasta Ratatouille
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces fresh pappardelle pasta
- 1/4 cup shallot thin-sliced
- 1 medium zucchini halved and sliced into half moons
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons Italian flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Trim and quarter the eggplant lengthwise then cut into 1/2" wedges. Place on paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Allow to sit 10 minutes. Onto a baking sheet, spread zucchini slices in an even layer. Drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and add salt and pepper, to taste. Roast 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.
- While eggplant is roasting, prepare pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. After drained, drizzle lightly with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- To a large skillet over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add shallot; cook 3-5 minutes, until softened and fragrant. Add zucchini; continue cooking an additional 2-3 minutes. Add garlic for 1 minute more.
- Reduce heat to low and add grape tomatoes, roasted eggplant, roasted red peppers, and reserved 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Cook about 5 minutes, until heated through.
- Stir in prepared pasta and adjust seasoning, to taste. Top with parsley and lemon zest.
- Serve warm.
Adapted from Purple Carrot.