Fresh Cranberry Sauce
Thanksgiving Week is upon us, friends! Are you ready?
For me, the cooking begins on the Tuesday before and the first order of business is always the cranberry sauce. I put on my holiday apron, turn on my favorite Christmas music station, and get the cranberries popping. There’s just something about it that officially kicks me into Thanksgiving cooking mode.
This is the cranberry sauce I have served every year for the last five Thanksgivings and this year will be no different because, why mess with a good thing?
The beauty of this sauce is in its simplicity with very few ingredients that combine to give the perfect balance of sweet, tart, and citrus.
Pro tip: While you can absolutely chill and serve this sauce the same day, I recommend giving it a day or two to hang out in the fridge so the flavors can really blend together well.
Ingredients for Fresh Cranberry Sauce:
- white granulated sugar
- orange juice
- orange-based liqueur – I use Grand Marnier
- fresh cranberries
How to make Fresh Cranberry Sauce:
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange-based liqueur recommend Grand Marnier
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- Into a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, orange juice, and liqueur. Stir frequently until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the cranberries. Cook and stir frequently 10 minutes, or until the cranberries begin to pop open.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pour the sauce into a serving bowl and refrigerate at least overnight. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Serve slightly chilled or room temperature.
More Thanksgiving Day recipes:
Sourdough Stuffing Muffins with Apple and Fresh Herbs – Super cute and perfectly portioned, these savory vegan stuffing muffins are a fantastic addition to your holiday table.
Vegan Thanksgiving Wellington – Loaded with savory quinoa, garbanzo beans, and veggies then wrapped and baked in puff pastry, this holiday roast is loved by vegans and meat eaters alike.
Join My Newsletter
Signup to get all my latest recipes delivered right to your inbox every week!
Leave a Reply