Easy Vegan Vegetable Stew
Packed with potatoes, celery, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, green peas, and savory spices, this hearty vegan stew definitely hits the spot on a cold day!
This recipe is very forgiving too, so you can throw in whatever seasonal vegetables you have on hand.
I almost always overbuy on potatoes and celery and have found soups and stews to be an easy way to burn through those use-or-lose vegetables taking up space in the fridge.
Ingredients for Easy Vegan Vegetable Stew:
- olive oil
- yellow onion
- cremini mushrooms – also known as baby bellas
- Yukon Gold potatoes
- tomato pase
- Italian seasoning
- dried rosemary
- green peas
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
How to make Easy Vegan Vegetable Stew:
More soups to keep you warm:
Vegan Ginger Noodle Soup – Warm and comforting, this satisfying soup is ready to serve in under an hour and is especially nice for those days when you’re feeling under the weather.
Easy 20 Minute Vegetable Broth -This rich, fragrant, easy to make homemade vegetable broth is tasty on its own, makes an excellent base for other soups, and also works to boost the flavor in risottos, pastas, and casseroles.
King Oyster Mushroom Cioppino -King Oyster mushrooms, with their remarkably similar size and texture to scallops are seared and added to a hearty and fragrant, vegetable rich and protein packed, stew seasoned with lots of garlic and Old Bay.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 3/4 cup celery large diced
- 3/4 cup carrots sliced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms quartered
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 5 cups water
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes medium diced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 cups green peas
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add onion, celery, and carrots. Cook, stirring frequently, 5-6 minutes, or until vegetables are softened and fragrant.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add the water, potatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, paprika, and rosemary.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Cover pot and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, 15-20 minutes, until potatoes and carrots are fork-tender.
- Stir in peas and cook, covered, an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and serve warm.