Coleslaw Pasta Salad –
Two summertime favorites – cold pasta salad and coleslaw – are combined into one flavorful and easy to make side dish.
Perfect for backyard barbecues, potlucks, and holiday gatherings!
Ingredients for Coleslaw Pasta Salad:
- ditalini pasta
- vegan mayonnaise
- apple cider vinegar
- garlic powder
- celery seed
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- coleslaw mix
- English cucumber
- red onion
How to make Coleslaw Pasta Salad:
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
Into a large mixing bowl, add the vegan mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, celery seed, sea salt, and ground black pepper. Stir to combine.
To the bowl with the dressing, add the cooked pasta, coleslaw mix, English cucumber, red onion, and celery. Toss gently to coat.
Cover and set the pasta salad in the refrigerator for at least one hour, or until chilled throughout.
Can I use a different type of pasta?
Sure, go for it! My personal preference is ditalini although any similarly small pasta shape will work.
Can I make this in advance?
Yes! This pasta salad can can be made a day ahead then stored covered, in the refrigerator.
Helpful Tools and Equipment:
Colander – I like that this one has tiny holes; good for rice as well as pasta.
Mixing bowl – I love the pretty colors of this lidded set.
Serving bowl – This is a good all-purpose bowl in a classic style.
More side dish recipes perfect for potlucks:
Green Pea and Cheddar Salad – A classic side dish made with only a handful of simple plant-based ingredients!
Veggie Pinwheels with Broccoli and Carrots – Fresh broccoli and carrots are mixed with all-vegan cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, herbs, and spices then rolled and sliced for an easy, crowd-pleasing, take anywhere appetizer.
Coleslaw Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces ditalini pasta dry weight
- 1 1/4 cups vegan mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 14 ounces coleslaw mix
- 1 cup English cucumber quartered
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- Into a large mixing bowl, add the vegan mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, celery seed, sea salt, and ground black pepper. Stir to combine.
- To the bowl with the dressing, add the cooked pasta, coleslaw mix, English cucumber, red onion, and celery. Toss gently to coat.
- Cover and set in the refrigerator for at least an hour, or until chilled throughout.
- Serve cold.