Vegan Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies – You really can’t go wrong with the classic go-to favorite that is chocolate chip cookies. They’re perfect for everything from the holiday dessert table to an everyday snack.
Plus, there is just something about salt and chocolate together that is so perfect!
These cookies are soft and chewy, with just the right amount of sweetness, and the sprinkling of sea salt as they come out of the oven really puts them over the top.
Once you’ve got all you’re ingredients ready to, the dough comes together in about 5 minutes. Then they bake 10-12 minutes. Depending on the size of your scoop, this recipe will yield approximately 24 cookies.
More cookie recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth:
Vegan Cranberry Orange Cookies – Perfectly soft with just the right combination of citrusy, sweet, and tart,
Soft Peanut Butter Cookies – This vegan version of the old school classic makes for an indulgent comfort snack or easy no-fuss dessert!
Vegan Earth Day Cookies – A super cute and tasty semi-homemade treat!
Vegan Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup mini vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Into a large mixing bowl, add flour, brown sugar, white sugar, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together to combine.
- Add vegetable oil, applesauce, and vanilla bean paste. Stir until ingredients are well combined and mixture forms a thick dough.
- Fold in chocolate chips and stir gently to distribute throughout the dough.
- Onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spoon the dough into portions approximately 1 heaping tablespoon in size. Place on the baking sheet allowing 2-3 inches of space between each.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until edges are just beginning to brown. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle lightly with additional sea salt.
- Allow cookies to rest on the baking sheet for at least 15-20 minutes. Do not skip this step! The cookies will appear very soft when they come out of the oven. This is normal. It is during this time of rest on the baking sheet that the dough will fully set and then they're ready to eat!