Homemade Pizza Dough
We love homemade pizza but I confess I haven’t always been one to make my own dough. I mean, let’s be honest, a lot of people don’t make their own, right? Especially if their market stocks a good pre-made one.
However… there is something about homemade … the yeasty aroma, the feel of the dough…
I’ve heard some say kneading dough by hand can be therapeutic in a way. I can see that. It’s also immensely satisfying.
But… know what else is satisfying? Watching the dough hook attachment on my stand mixer do all the work for me!
Whichever method you choose, kneading by hand or with a dough hook, this recipe is so easy to follow and the dough comes together in a snap. Perfect for your next pizza night at home!
More Pizza Night recipes:
Easy Classic Marinara Sauce – So simple, fast, delicious, and loaded with fresh flavors.
Pesto Spinach Tomato Naan Pizza – 5 ingredients and ready to serve in under 10 minutes. Perfect for those days when you need to get dinner done – fast!
Tomato and Black Olive Bruschetta – An easy, crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- Begin by proofing the yeast. Add yeast, brown sugar, and water to a medium size mixing bowl or stand mixer.Allow to stand 10 minutes or until yeast is producing small bubbles in the water.
- Add salt, olive oil, and flour. Knead by hand, or use a dough hook attachment on medium-low speed, until dough is slightly elastic and no longer sticky.
- Rub a medium bowl with a drizzle of olive oil to coat. Place pizza dough in the bowl, cover, and allow to rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Place pizza stone in oven and preheat to 425°.
- Remove cover and punch down dough. Form dough into a tight ball and allow it to rest 5 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into desired shape.
- Place on preheated pizza stone. Add your toppings and bake 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!