Soft Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies ~
Thick and rich with a touch of sweetness, this vegan version of the old school classic makes for an easy no-fuss dessert!
My daughter requested cookies today so, because everyone loves the aroma of homemade cookies fresh out of the oven, I went back into the archives and pulled out an old family favorite.
This is a recipe that I had developed for VegNews magazine back in 2017.
I don’t know why I waited so long to make them again because these cookies are seriously amazing.
Whip up a batch of these easy dairy-free cookies in no time, and watch them disappear!
Thick and rich with just the right touch of sweetness, this vegan version of the old school classic makes for an indulgent comfort snack or easy no-fuss dessert!
This recipe yields approximately 4 dozen.
Ingredients for Soft Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies:
- ground flax seed
- crunchy peanut butter
- vegan butter
- vanilla bean paste
- granulated sugar
- turbinado sugar – or light brown sugar
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- sea salt
How to make Soft Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies:
More cookie recipes:
Soft Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup vegan butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup turbinado sugar + 1/3 cup reserved
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ground flaxseed and water.
- In a large bowl, using a stand or handheld mixer on medium speed, cream together flaxseed and water, peanut butter, vegan butter, vanilla bean paste, granulated sugar, and ½ cup turbinado sugar.
- In a medium size bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the peanut butter mixture and continue mixing until fully incorporated. Dough will be thick and crumbly.
- Working in batches, form dough into 1” balls and roll each piece in the reserved 1/3 cup turbinado sugar.
- Place 3” apart on a non-stick baking sheet. Using the tines of a fork, lightly press a criss-cross pattern into each ball of dough.
- Bake in preheated oven for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then place on a wire rack to finish cooling completely. Store in an airtight container.
See all my articles and recipes published with VegNews here.