Vegan Earth Day Cookies!
These super cute cookies are easy to make and absolutely perfect for Earth Day!
I mean, seriously, look at them! How adorable are these cookies?!
I was so thrilled with the way these turned out and it is not an exaggeration today these are literally the easiest cookie I have ever made.
The ingredient list is embarrassingly simple.
All you need is a pre-made cookie dough mix and food coloring.
Then you whip up the dough and divide it in half.
Color each half and roll even portions of each color together.
I was worried the colors would ‘bleed” together when mixing but, as you can see from the photos, that absolutely did not happen.
Did you know?
Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix is vegan!
All you have to do to keep the cookies dairy-free is to use vegan butter and swap out the chicken egg for a “flax egg”.
To make the flax egg:
Add 1 tablespoon flaxseed and 2 1/2 tablespoons water to a small bowl.
Whisk to combine, then refrigerate around 20-30 minutes, or until it reaches a gloopy egg-like texture.Ingredients for Vegan Earth Day Cookies:
- prepared sugar cookie dough
- blue food coloring
- green food coloring
How to make Vegan Earth Day Cookies:
Happy Earth Day!
More cookie recipes!
Vegan Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies – Soft and chewy, with just the right amount of sweetness, and the sprinkling of sea salt as they come out of the oven really puts them over the top!
Soft Peanut Butter Cookies – This vegan version of the old school classic makes for an indulgent comfort snack or easy no-fuss dessert!
Vegan Cranberry Orange Cookies – Perfectly soft with just the right combination of citrusy, sweet, and tart.
Vegan Earth Day Cookies
- Sugar cookie dough prepared
- Blue food coloring
- Green food coloring
- Divide prepared cookie dough in half and place in separate mixing bowls.
- To each bowl, add desired amount of food coloring. Use a kneading motion to work the color into the dough, adding more as needed, until desired color is achieved.
- Roll together 1 teaspoon each of green and blue dough.
- Place 2 inches apart on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake according to cookie dough package directions.