Vegan Pumpkin Lasagna Rollups
Enjoy autumn’s most popular squash with a delicious and seasonal spin on layered lasagna.
For this recipe, traditional lasagna noodles are layered with naturally sweet pumpkin and a robust tofu spinach ricotta, and then rolled into perfectly sized portions. Rich and creamy vegan bechamel sauce adds a decadent touch.
For a holiday potluck or a cozy night at home, this seasonal and savory crowd-pleaser is sure to be a hit at your next gathering!
Indulge and enjoy!
Ingredients for Vegan Pumpkin Lasagna Rollups:
- olive oil
- extra firm tofu
- lemon juice
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- frozen chopped spinach
- vegan butter
- all-purpose flour
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- unsweetened almond milk
- lasagna noodles
- canned pumpkin
How to make Vegan Pumpkin Lasagna Rollups:
More tasty ways to enjoy pumpkin this season:
Vegan Curried Pumpkin Soup – Perfect with a salad for an easy lunch, this soup would also fit right in as a first course to Thanksgiving dinner.
Sweet and Salty Pumpkin Seeds – Fresh pumpkin seeds are slow roasted for a sweet and salty snack, perfect for fall!
Vegan Pumpkin Lasagna Rollups
- For the tofu spinach ricotta:
- 1½ teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup shallots, chopped
- 1 15-ounce block extra-firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 12-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- For the bechamel sauce:
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk room temperature
- For the rollups:
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
- For the tofu spinach ricotta, into a medium-sized skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook 3 minutes, until softened.
- Into a food processor (or blender), add sautéed shallots, tofu, lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper. Pulse until combined. Stir in chopped spinach and set aside.
- For the bechamel sauce, into a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, add butter. When butter is melted, whisk in flour to form a roux. Add onion powder, garlic powder, and sea salt. Gradually add almond milk, ½ cup at a time, whisking thoroughly after each addition.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, whisking occasionally, until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Sauce will thicken further as it cools.
- For the rollups, preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions, adding olive oil to the cooking water. Drain and lay noodles flat to cool, patting with a paper towel to remove excess water.
- Over each lasagna noodle, spread 1 tablespoon pumpkin purée. Over each pumpkin-covered noodle, layer 3 tablespoons tofu spinach ricotta.
- Spread ¼ cup bechamel sauce in bottom of baking dish.
- Beginning from a narrow end, roll each lasagna noodle into a pinwheel shape. Place seam-side down in a prepared 9”x13” baking dish. Pour remaining bechamel sauce in an even layer over the rollups.
- Bake 30 minutes. Allow to sit at room temperature 10 minutes before serving warm.