Sweet and Salty Pumpkin Seeds
Have you carved your pumpkins yet? If not, get to it; it’s Halloween week! If you’re ahead of the game, I hope you didn’t throw out the built-in snack.
This is the one and only time of year we eat pumpkin seeds so it’s important to roast them with the perfect blend of sweet and salty.
Confession: I had never gotten this quite right, until now. I’m convinced the secret ingredient is the brown sugar.
The husband agreed these are the best yet and seriously addictive!
- 2 cups dry pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt + a little extra
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 250°
- To a medium size mixing bowl, add pumpkin seeds,melted butter, brown sugar, sea salt, chili powder, and cumin; toss to coat.
- Pour seeds evenly into a prepared 11x13 baking dish. Bake 90 minutes, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and season with additional salt, to taste.