Vegan Curried Pumpkin Soup
If you’re like me and ready to take a break from all the super-sweet treats that are everywhere right now, but still want to get your seasonal pumpkin fix, I have just the thing for you.
This warm and savory soup is full of the flavors and aromas of fall.
Perfect with a salad for an easy lunch, this soup would also fit right in as a first course to Thanksgiving dinner.
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup leek, white part only, chopped
- 4 cups vegan chicken broth
- 1 - 29oz. can pumpkin
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup coconut creamer
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter then add onion and leek. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are softened and fragrant, 3-5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except for the coconut creamer. Stir to combine and bring mixture briefly to a gentle boil then reduce the heat to low.
- Allow soup to simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and discard bay leaf.
- Use an immersion blender to blend soup until smooth, or to desired consistency.
- Gently stir in coconut creamer and serve warm.