Vegan Mediterranean Pasta ~
Quick and easy Mediterranean-inspired dish with black olives, tomatoes, capers, and vegan feta.
Ready to serve in under 30 minutes!
It has recently come to my attention that I am a hoarder of olives (and craft ribbon, but that’s a whole other story).
As I was standing in front of the fridge pondering what to make for dinner, I realized there were no less than four full and unopened containers of various types of olives – you know, the kind from the olive bar in the supermarket.
Also, there were multiple cans in the pantry which got me to thinking, “Why do I buy some types of olives from the deli but others are just fine from a can?” There was no time to get into a full analysis; the bottom line was, I needed to start working my way through all the olive supply.
This recipe knocked out about half a container so it’s a start.
And then I discovered three packages of vegan feta in the cheese drawer. I guess it’s called the cheese drawer – that narrow drawer just under the shelves but above the freezer …. what do you call it?
Anyway, this dish was delicious!
And with the olives, feta, capers, and tomatoes… this pasta, full of the briny goodness I love, made for an impressive presentation.
I use wide pasta bowls and this recipe yielded three good-size servings.
Ingredients for Vegan Mediterranean Pasta
You will need:
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and halved or quartered
- 6 ounces vegan feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces spaghetti, by weight
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
How to Make Vegan Mediterranean Pasta
More Recipes You’ll Love!
- Greek Layer Dip
- Artichoke Risotto
- Spanakopita Pasta
- Tomato and Black Olive Bruschetta
- Spaghetti Artichoke Barigoule
Follow This Wife Cooks on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest
- 3 large roma tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives pitted and halved or quartered
- 6 ounces vegan feta cheese crumbled
- 3 tablespoons capers drained
- 3 tablespoons Italian flat-leaf parsley chopped
- ground black pepper to taste
- 12 ounces spaghetti pasta
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic minced
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, olives, feta, capers, and parsley. Season with black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- In a large pot, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain well and return pasta to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat olive oil over low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 1-3 minutes until soft and fragrant but not brown.
- Pour garlic oil over the pasta and toss to coat.
- Distribute pasta to serving bowls then top with desired amount of tomato and olive mixture and serve.
Join My Newsletter
Signup to get all my latest recipes delivered right to your inbox every week!
Leave a Reply