Vegan Tortellini in Creamy Pesto Sauce
We love pesto around here…. and pasta…. and pesto pasta.
Ingredients for Vegan Tortellini in Creamy Pesto Sauce:
- vegan cheese tortellini – I use Kite Hill brand
- vegan butter
- soy creamer
- vegan parmesan cheese
- vegan pesto – Trader Joe’s makes a good one.
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
How to make Vegan Tortellini in Creamy Pesto Sauce:
- 20 ounces vegan cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 2 cups soy creamer
- 1 cup vegan parmesan cheese shredded
- 6 tablespoons vegan pesto sauce
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in the creamer and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low and mix in the Parmesan cheese. When the cheese has melted in to the sauce, stir in the pesto and allow to simmer 3-5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fold in the tortellini and serve warm.