Hearts of Palm Crab-Style Salad –
An easy recipe for a plant-based version of crab salad.
Hearts of palm, crisp celery, red onions, black olives, and seasonings are combined with a creamy dressing for a salad that is ready in minutes.
Perfect for a light lunch or snack:
- quick and easy
- light and refreshing
- super versatile – fancy enough for company yet simple enough for everyday
- 100% vegan
Hearts of palm share a similar taste and texture to lump crab which makes them an excellent vegan substitution in many recipes calling for crab.
Old Bay seasoning adds a classic seafood flavor.
This plant-based, seafood-inspired dish is delicious on its own but the presentation ideas are plentiful.
Hearts of palm crab-style salad can be enjoyed in all the same ways as a traditional crab-based salad.
A few of our favorite ways to indulge in this versatile dish:
- as a sandwich on toasted bread or hoagie buns
- over a bed of leafy greens
- as a dip with crackers
- stuffed into celery or avocadoes
Ingredients for Hearts of Palm Crab-Style Salad:
1 pound hearts of palm, drained and chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
1/2 cup black olives, chopped
2 tablespoons red onion
2 tablespoons Italian flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning Old Bay
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
How to make Hearts of Palm Crab-Style Salad:
Into a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients.
Stir gently to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Want more plant-based recipes to satisfy a seafood craving? Try these:
Hearts of Palm Lobster-Style Rolls – Super easy to make and packed with all the flavor of a traditional lobster roll.
Vegan Crab Melts – Hearts of palm make a satisfying stand-in for crab in these plant-based and open-faced sandwiches perfect for a light dinner, lunch, or brunch.
King Oyster Mushroom Cioppino – King Oyster mushrooms, with their remarkably similar size and texture to scallops, are seared and added to a hearty and fragrant, vegetable-rich and protein-packed, stew seasoned with lots of garlic and Old Bay.
Hearts of Palm Crab-Style Salad
- 1 pound hearts of palm drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup black olives chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Into a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients.
- Stir gently to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Serve cold.