The weather here has just been too perfect to not sit outside at dinnertime so that’s what we did again yesterday. I never noticed before but it’s true that the taste and texture of cooked cauliflower is very similar to that of shrimp. I’ve made this style cauliflower twice now, once as an appetizer and again as an entrée salad last night. The meal wasn’t originally planned as a salad but I had some lettuce I needed to use or lose so… Bang Bang Salads for everyone!
1. Preheat oven to 400*
2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, flaxseed, and water. Whisk to thicken and set aside.
3. In another small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
4. In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium high heat.
5. Dip each cauliflower floret first in the cornstarch mixture, then in the breadcrumb mixture, to coat.
6. Add the cauliflower to the hot oil and cook until browned on all sides. (Use tongs to flip the cauliflower. Stirring will only knock the breading loose.)
7. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Then, toss in the mayonnaise mixture, to coat.
8. Place in a prepared 8×8 dish and bake for approximately, 10-15 minutes, or until desired crispiness.
9. Top with green onions and serve.
Join My Newsletter
Signup to get all my latest recipes delivered right to your inbox every week!
Leave a Reply