Baked Falafel Pie
This falafel pie is quick, easy, and always a hit in our house!
You can have this meal on the table in 30 minutes or less! And it’s one of those dishes that looks like you spent way more time on it than you actually did. Sounds great, right? I love having recipes like this on hand for busy days.
A base of oven-baked falafel is topped with layers of hummus, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, kalamata olives, and vegan feta. Then, for the final touch, a drizzle of tzatziki sauce over the top.
The time-saving trick here is that we’re taking the semi-homemade route. (Nothing wrong with that!) Good quality, pre-made hummus along with the falafel mix can be definite time savers!
I have yet to find a pre-made vegan tzatziki sauce but homemade is super easy. Make this the day ahead of the falafel pie and you’ll be all set:
Pro tip: While the recipe will work fine with a traditional pie dish, I’ve come to prefer using an 8″ springform pan. It just makes for easier serving and the presentation is nice because it allows you to see more of the layers.
Round out the meal with these Vegan Cream Cheese Stuffed Olives as an appetizer and a simple spinach salad on the side.
Ingredients for Baked Falafel Pie:
- falafel mix
- lettuce – I used shredded iceberg
- kalamata olives
- vegan feta
- tzatziki sauce – see vegan recipe link above
How to make Baked Falafel Pie:
Baked Falafel Pie
- 5 ounces falafel mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/2 cup cucumber diced
- 1/4 cup tomato seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup lettuce shredded
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup vegan feta crumbled
- 1/4 cup tzatziki sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium size bowl, stir together the falafel mix and water.
- Pour mixture into the springform pan and bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before proceeding to the next step.
- With the springform still in place, layer hummus, cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, olives, and feta. Finish with a drizzle of tzatziki sauce. Remove springform and serve pie warm or room temperature.