Yellow Rice ~
Arroz Amarillo – Spanish for Yellow Rice – is savory turmeric-spiced rice that is easy to make with simple ingredients.
Ready to serve in under 30 minutes.
Yellow Rice is a super versatile dish that works well with all sorts of cuisines.
I used Jasmine rice for this recipe because it’s what I had on hand but other varieties of rice work just as well.
Keep this recipe on hand for Taco Tuesday!
Why you will love this Yellow Rice:
- quick and easy
- simple and savory
- healthy and nutritious
- adds a bright pop of color to any meal
- works as a side dish or main course
Ingredients for Yellow Rice:
- olive oil
- red bell pepper
- red onion
- ground turmeric
- garlic powder
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- Jasmine rice – or long-grain white rice
- vegan chicken-style broth – or vegetable broth
How to make Yellow Rice:
Into a medium-size saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil.
When the oil is hot, add red bell pepper, red onion, turmeric, garlic powder, sea salt, and ground black pepper. Saute 2-3 minutes, until peppers and onion are softened.
Add rice, stirring to combine.
Add chicken-style broth. Cover the saucepan and reduce heat to low.
Simmer for about 20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
Fluff rice with a fork and serve hot.
No problem! This Yellow Rice can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, add the rice to a pan over low heat on the stove and cover until heated through.
Or save time and just pop it in the microwave on the reheat setting.
More flavorful rice recipes:
Mexican Rice and Black Beans – A hearty and healthy rice and bean dish that is easy to make and ready to serve in 30 minutes!
5-Ingredient Vegan Spanish Rice – This rice is perfect on the side with tacos, as filling for enchiladas and burritos, or as a hearty addition to your taco salad.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 2 cups vegan chicken-style broth
- Into a medium saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add red bell pepper, red onion, turmeric, garlic powder, sea salt, and ground black pepper. Saute 2-3 minutes, until peppers and onion are softened.
- Add rice, stirring to combine.
- Add chicken-style broth. Cover the saucepan and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff rice with a fork and serve hot.