Yellow Rice ~
Arroz Amarillo – Spanish for Yellow Rice – is savory turmeric-spiced rice that is easy to make with simple ingredients.
Ready to serve in under 30 minutes.
Yellow Rice is a super versatile dish that works well with all sorts of cuisines.
I used Jasmine rice for this recipe because it’s what I had on hand but other varieties of rice work just as well.
Keep this recipe on hand for Taco Tuesday!
Why You Will Love This Yellow Rice Recipe
- quick and easy
- simple and savory
- healthy and nutritious
- adds a bright pop of color to any meal
- works as a side dish or main course
Ingredients for Yellow Rice
- olive oil
- red bell pepper
- red onion
- ground turmeric
- garlic powder
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- Jasmine rice – or long-grain white rice
- vegan chicken-style broth – or vegetable broth
How to Make Yellow Rice
STEP ONE: Into a medium-size saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add red bell pepper, red onion, turmeric, garlic powder, sea salt, and ground black pepper. Saute 2-3 minutes, until peppers and onion are softened.
STEP TWO: Add rice, stirring to combine.
STEP THREE: Add chicken-style broth. Cover the saucepan and reduce heat to low.
STEP FOUR: Simmer for about 20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
STEP FIVE: Fluff rice with a fork then serve hot.
This Yellow Rice can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, add the rice to a pan over low heat on the stove and cover until heated through.
Or save time and just pop it in the microwave on the reheat setting.
More Rice Recipes You’ll Love!
* Mexican Rice and Black Beans – A hearty and healthy rice and bean dish that is easy to make and ready to serve in 30 minutes!
* 5-Ingredient Vegan Spanish Rice – This rice is perfect on the side with tacos, as filling for enchiladas and burritos, or as a hearty addition to your taco salad.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 2 cups vegan chicken-style broth
- Into a medium saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add red bell pepper, red onion, turmeric, garlic powder, sea salt, and ground black pepper. Saute 2-3 minutes, until peppers and onion are softened.
- Add rice, stirring to combine.
- Add chicken-style broth. Cover the saucepan and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff rice with a fork and serve hot.