Vegan Earth Day Cookies!
These super cute cookies are easy to make and absolutely perfect for Earth Day!
I mean, seriously, look at them! How adorable are these cookies?!
I was so thrilled with the way these turned out and it is not an exaggeration today these are literally the easiest cookie I have ever made.
The ingredient list is embarrassingly simple.
All you need is a pre-made cookie dough mix and food coloring.
Then you whip up the dough and divide it in half.
Color each half and roll even portions of each color together.
I was worried the colors would ‘bleed” together when mixing but, as you can see from the photos, that absolutely did not happen.
Is Sugar Cookie Mix Vegan?
- Duncan Hines Sugar Cookie Mix is vegan! All you have to do to keep the cookies dairy-free is to use vegan butter and swap out the chicken egg for a “flax egg”.
- There are also many other vegan sugar cookie mix brands available in the market including Enjoy Life Foods, Bob’s Red Mill, and Immaculate Baking Co.
How To Make a Flax Egg:
- Add 1 tablespoon flaxseed and 2 1/2 tablespoons water to a small bowl. Whisk to combine, then refrigerate around 20-30 minutes, or until it reaches a gloopy egg-like texture.
Ingredients for Vegan Earth Day Cookies:
You will need:
- prepared sugar cookie dough
- blue food coloring
- green food coloring
How to Make Vegan Earth Day Cookies:
Happy Earth Day!
More Vegan Cookie Recipes You’ll Love!
- Vegan Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies – Soft and chewy, with just the right amount of sweetness, and the sprinkling of sea salt as they come out of the oven really puts them over the top!
- Soft Peanut Butter Cookies – This vegan version of the old school classic makes for an indulgent comfort snack or easy no-fuss dessert!
- Vegan Cranberry Orange Cookies – Perfectly soft with just the right combination of citrusy, sweet, and tart.
- Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Trail Mix Cookies
Vegan Earth Day Cookies
- Sugar cookie dough prepared
- Blue food coloring
- Green food coloring
- Divide prepared cookie dough in half and place in separate mixing bowls.
- To each bowl, add desired amount of food coloring. Use a kneading motion to work the color into the dough, adding more as needed, until desired color is achieved.
- Roll together 1 teaspoon each of green and blue dough.
- Place 2 inches apart on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake according to cookie dough package directions.
Join My Newsletter
Signup to get all my latest recipes delivered right to your inbox every week!
So adorable and creative !