White Bean Quinoa Chili ~
This hearty and healthy plant-based crockpot chili recipe is super simple to make and loaded with good-for-you, budget-friendly ingredients.
Busy days call for easy dinners. When I know we have a packed schedule and I might not have as much time in the kitchen in the evening, crockpot dinners are a lifesaver.
The instructions are literally to dump everything in a slow cooker and leave it alone for the rest of the day. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
What you’ll need to make this White Bean Chili:
- 6-quart slow cooker
- yellow onion
- diced green chiles
- cannellini beans
- frozen corn
- vegan chicken-style broth – or vegetable broth
- lime juice
- ground cumin
- sea salt
- dried oregano
- ground black pepper
- bay leaf
- cilantro – for garnish
How to make this White Bean Chili:
Into a 6-quart slow cooker, add all ingredients.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
Adjust seasoning to taste and serve hot.
See? I told you it was easy!
More no-fuss recipes for busy days:
White Bean Quinoa Chili
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 3/4 cup celery chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno de-seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 4.5-ounce cans diced green chiles
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 cups vegan chicken-style broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped, for garnish
- Into a 6-quart slow cooker, add all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Adjust seasoning to taste, garnish with cilantro, and serve hot.