Spicy Pimento Cheese Pinwheels ~
This post has been sponsored by McCormick Gourmet ™. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
A creamy mixture of dairy-free cheeses, mayonnaise, scallions, jalapeño pepper, pimentos, and spices are rolled into a flour tortilla and sliced into pinwheels. Super simple, easy to make, and perfect for parties, potlucks, and tailgating (please follow social distancing guidelines provided by your local government)!
Pinwheels are always a popular snack, and these have a special twist:
Diced jalapeño pepper and McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Cayenne Pepper add a fun and spicy kick that will have your guests asking for the recipe.
McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Cayenne Pepper can be used to liven up everyday dishes, dips, salsas barbecue sauce, and even desserts.
These crowd-pleasing appetizers can also be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to serve.
Do you ever find yourself in a lunchtime rut?
Since being at home a lot more than usual over the last few months, we had fallen into a routine of rotating the same few options over and over again. It was time to throw something new and different into the mix.
I love these Pimento Cheese Pinwheels because they’re a fun alternative to traditional sandwiches. And they’re so easy to make!
The key to success for making these delicious homemade pimento cheese pinwheels is getting the spice mixture just right. Using high-quality ingredients makes all the difference!
For this recipe, I used McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Cayenne Pepper and McCormick™ Onion Powder.
I picked up both in the spice aisle of my local Giant.
I like this grocery store – it’s clean, bright, and super easy to navigate. They also offer same-day curbside pickup and delivery options, which makes my life easier.
What to serve with Pimento Cheese Pinwheels:
These pinwheels are delicious on their own or as a tasty addition to a Game Day appetizer spread.
We also love these savory rollups with a simple salad or side of fresh fruit for a quick and easy lunch at home.
For a kid-friendly lunch on the go, Spicy Pimento Cheese Pinwheels and chips or pretzels, along with fresh veggies like cucumber slices or baby carrots are always a hit.
Ingredients for Spicy Pimento Cheese Pinwheels:
8 ounces vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
4 ounces vegan cream cheese
1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
2 scallions, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet ™ Organic Cayenne Pepper
1/8 teaspoon McCormick ™ Onion Powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Grind Black Pepper
4 flour tortillas, 8-inch size
How to make Spicy Pimento Cheese Pinwheels:
Into a medium-size mixing bowl, add cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, scallions, McCormick Gourmet ™ Organic Cayenne Pepper, McCormick ™ Onion Powder, McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder, jalapeno, pimentos, sea salt, and McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Grind Black Pepper.
Stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Adjust seasoning as needed, to taste.
Divide pimento mixture between 4 tortillas, spreading evenly to cover entire tortilla.
Wrap each rolled tortilla in plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator. Allow to chill for at least 1 hour.
Remove from the refrigerator, unwrap, and slice into 1-inch rounds.
Serve chilled or room temperature.
Next time you’re at Giant, take a spin down the spice aisle and check out all the amazing varieties of spices and spice blends on display. And be sure to check out McCormick’s website for more recipe inspiration.
More crowd-pleasing appetizer recipes:
Baked Buffalo Chickpea Taquitos
Vegan Pub-Style Beer Cheese Dip
Spicy Pimento Cheese Pinwheels
- 8 ounces vegan cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet ™ Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick ™ Onion Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper seeded and finely minced
- 4 ounces diced pimentos drained and finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- 4 flour tortillas 8-inch size
- Into a medium-size mixing bowl, add cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, scallions, McCormick Gourmet ™ Organic Cayenne Pepper, McCormick ™ Onion Powder, McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder, jalapeno, pimentos, sea salt, and McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Grind Black Pepper.
- Stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Adjust seasoning as needed, to taste.
- Onto a flat work surface, arrange tortillas in an even layer.
- Onto each tortilla spoon 1/4 of the mixture. Use the back of your spoon to spread the mixture an even layer, covering the entire tortilla.
- Starting at one end, slowly but tightly roll each tortilla.
- Wrap each rolled tortilla in plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator. Allow to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator, unwrap, and slice into 1-inch rounds.
- Serve chilled or room temperature.
Join My Newsletter
Signup to get all my latest recipes delivered right to your inbox every week!
I made this for my last dinner party and everyone gobbled it up in minutes! Such a winner!
The perfect party food and my go-to. Love it!
this is my kids favourite school lunch! she always requests for this