Pub Style Beer Cheese Dip
The classic beer cheese dip has gone vegan!
Perfect for Oktoberfest, game day, movie night, or anytime you need a crowd-pleasing appetizer; you just can’t go wrong with a beer and cheese dip.
Serve with big, salty Bavarian pretzels or try it drizzled over burgers on pretzel buns.
Don’t forget to add a chilled pint of your favorite beer for the full-on pub food experience at home.
Vegan Pub Style Beer Cheese Ingredients
You will need:
- Vegan cream cheese – I like Kite Hill or Tofutti brand.
- Vegan cheddar cheese – Daiya or Violife work well with this recipe because they melt smoother and easier than other brands I’ve tried.
- Garlic – Fresh is best but you can also substitute 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Beer – I used Yuengling lager although I think a pale ale or even a stout, if you want to go really bold, would work well here, too.
- Cornstarch – An equal amount of arrowroot powder would also work.
How to make Vegan Pub Style Beer Cheese Dip:
It’s super easy; I would even dare say this recipe is fool-proof.
STEP ONE: First, the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, and beer go into the blender and are blended until smooth.
STEP TWO: Next, add the cornstarch and blend again until it is incorporated.
STEP THREE: Then pour into a prepared 5″ ramekin dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Can I serve this dip right away?
Absolutely! Serve it hot from the oven, warm, or even room temperature.
More Oktoberfest Recipes You’ll Love!
- Vegan Sausage and Sauerkraut Stuffed Potatoes – These potatoes stuffed with vegan bratwurst, cheese, and sauerkraut are hearty enough to stand as a meal on their own!
- Blackened Seitan Philly Cheesesteak – Big, bold, and packed with robust flavor – this is a vegan Philly cheesesteak experience worthy of the City of Brotherly Love!
- German Style Carrot Dogs – Pan-charred with smoky barbecue seasoning and served on toasted pretzel buns with spicy brown mustard and a mixture of sauerkraut and sweet relish, these carrot dogs are the perfect addition to your vegan Oktoberfest menu!
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces vegan Cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Into a high-speed blender, add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, and beer. Blend until well combined and smooth.
- Add cornstarch and blend again to incorporate.
- Pour cheese mixture into a prepared 5-inch ramekin dish. Bake, uncovered 25-30 minutes, until bubbly. Serve hot, warm, or room temperature.