We love pesto around here…. and pasta…. and pesto pasta.
While I made this as a vegetarian dish last night, I definitely think vegan substitutions would work well. I have seen tofu stuffed pastas at Whole Foods and coconut creamer is a great alternative to half & half.
As for the parmesan though, since the vegan versions are more of a sprinkle variety, begin with just 1/2 cup and then add more if necessary.
- 20 oz. pkg. cheese-stuffed tortellini
- 2 Tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 Tablespoons garlic minced
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 6 Tablespoons pesto sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in the creamer and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low and mix in the Parmesan cheese. When the cheese has melted in to the sauce, stir in the pesto and allow to simmer 3-5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fold in the tortellini and serve warm.